To Become Stronger

If I could take my children's pain away, I would. It breaks my heart to see any of them suffer. My teenage son is going through a lot of rejection issues right now. I tried to talk to him about it, but he has things buried deep. Roots that he needs to majorly deal with. Unfortunately the roots of his rejection are something that I have no control over. I was sitting here thinking... This is what God must feel like when we are brokenhearted. He must really want to take our pain away, but has to let us deal with it in order for us to come out of it stronger. Just as he allows us to suffer for a time, I must let my son suffer in order for him to be a better person. With guidance on how to handle things, he may just become the most successful child we have. It is "getting" him to that point that will be challenging. In a perfect world every child would never hurt. Unfortunately we live in a very imperfect one. Dysfunction is rampant. My goal as a parent is to make that dysfunction something positive, to make my children stronger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grateful and Full

Life Keeps Going On - LIVE it

Next Chapter!