Remembering Haiti

My mind keeps going back to Haiti today. Guilt almost consumes me that I keep forgetting what I vowed to do when I came back in January. Such a mixture of people there. Most are kind, loving, and very eager to try and talk to you. Especially the children. Almost all of them want to say hello and get a picture. Their innocence and pure excitement was something I have never seen any child in America possess. Granted there were residents that were not happy we were there. But in light of the earthquakes, they mostly were elated to have outside help of food and labor. The ruins were almost unbearable to look at. I kept thinking while I was there, "if every movie star and professional athlete pitched in a couple million to send down here, what a difference it would make." Greed overtakes most in America. Haiti resources are scarce. Money is even more scarce. A piece of my heart still waits in Haiti for me to go back. Considering how short life is, to make a difference, we all need to get on the ball. Remember things that you vowed to do, Michele, things that will heal Haiti and yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grateful and Full

Life Keeps Going On - LIVE it

Next Chapter!