Simple Things

As spring goes into full swing, I am reminded of the things in life that make it all worth living. The leaves on the trees re-emerge, flowers blooming, and the scent of fresh cut grass fills the air. Once again the children can engage in recreation outside until dusk falls. Its times like this that I consider myself very blessed.

Raising six children can be such a financial struggle sometimes. I was actually in a pretty nasty funk Friday worrying about how we were going to make ends meet. But yesterday, we took them all fishing, and my pity party was ended abruptly. At the end of the day, the littlest one had just taken a bath and crawled up in my arms. That, in my mind, was what was important. It’s the small things in life that we stress about that do not matter. I suppose I need to keep reminding myself of all the blessings that God has given me. I have the most loving husband anyone could ask for. Six healthy, beautiful, bright kids who I adore completely. Food to eat, and a roof over my head. These are offerings that I shall not take for granted. Gifts that I have been given to make me a better person. It’s not what you don’t have…It’s what you HAVE that makes you who you are. Envy and want are dire things. Appreciation and love is everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grateful and Full

Life Keeps Going On - LIVE it

Next Chapter!