Post-its

As I sit here at my desk, I am overwhelmed by the color yellow. That's me....Reminder of reminders of the reminder. I have post-its on my computer, post-its on the dash of my car, and post-its on the mirror in my bathroom. I suppose that it saves me from forgetting appointments, birthdays, or getting yelled at by the children for not picking them up from practice. And yes, this has happened (Mother of the year) due to my lack of NOT writing on a "little yellow sticky thing", as my four yr old says. Not until I sat down to dinner and noticed one of them was missing, would I gasp in horror, "Oh my God! I forgot Jesse!" Throwing the kids in the car, and racing down the road. With the picture in my mind of my frozen son laying on the sidewalk curled up in a ball. A mother always thinks the worst. Word of caution though: If you have a 12 yr old, and you are extremely late picking him up, be prepared to get a severe tongue lashing. "Why are you late? HOW could you forget about me? DIDN'T you remember you had another CHILD!" All of which I take subserviently, because I deserved every single bit of it. Endure the flashes of yellow, Michele, endure the flashes of yellow....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grateful and Full

Life Keeps Going On - LIVE it

Next Chapter!