Double-edge sword

Contemplating life and death today. I've had two people I know die this week, and it really sets my mind into the "what if I died tomorrow" mode. The only thing I think of is my children. How lucky am I?! I have three amazing, talented, intelligent, outgoing, loving boys. I have a fulfilling career and a million side projects that make me feel complete. I imagine the only thing I am missing is that person to share my thoughts with. That one man who understands me, adores me, and that I adore just as much. Its a double edge sword. Content, yet not. Its like my father once told me when I was about 17... "You will never be satisfied. Even if you were hung with a brand new rope!". I never got that until recently. Maybe he was right.

So yes, my life is amazing. I love being alive, and I love my kids. YET...I still long for that missing piece of the puzzle. Will I ever find the one that fits? I sure find myself asking that question a lot and sighing more than a normal person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grateful and Full

Life Keeps Going On - LIVE it

Next Chapter!