Step One...

As with all the seasons of the year, I am not ready for summer. Under no circumstances am I complaining (yet). However, the warm weather came so fast that my white legs had to be heat lamp-ed to be prepared to wear shorts. It is terrible for one's skin, but I am in a jam right now. So off to the tanning beds I went last week. The first session was about 4 minutes. The next was 5. I just figured that it wasn't doing any good, so I told the teenage brain-dead girl that I should go a little longer to see results. She stuck me in for 15 minutes. Needless to say, I can barely sit, or even move for that matter. I would say that I wont be going in for a couple days now. No pain, no gain I suppose. I really could just slap her though, if it didn't hurt so bad to raise my arm.

Speaking of self inflicted pain, I have quit smoking! Unbelievable as it sounds even to me, it is true. I have not had a cigarette in about a month thanks to the wonderful world of drugs. (not CRACK...just Chantix) Its amazing how much better I feel. I can breath and taste. Yes, I still crave them every once in a while. But it is just to expensive for me to go back. Not to mention, I'd really love to see my grandchildren.

There you have it...I am smoke-free and tan. (Well, BURNED is more like it) Now I just have to work on my procrastination, temper, physical fitness, and overall lack of motivation to cook anything. Baby steps....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grateful and Full

Life Keeps Going On - LIVE it

Next Chapter!