A prisoner no more

There is a calming feeling that becomes me when I think of the things I have endured in my life, opposed to where I am right now. The many times in my existence that I had wished I was born someone else are many. The nights I cried myself to sleep are also...many. Now, however, there are no more sleepless nights, no more tears, and no more wondering why I was cursed. For the only thoughts that creep into my head are that of happiness, hope and freedom.

32 years and finally free from misery's grip.

A prisoner in a dungeon deep
Sat musing silently;
His head was rested on his hand,
His elbow on his knee.
Turned he his thoughts to future times
Or are they backward cast?
For freedom is he pining now
Or mourning for the past?
~Anne Bronte

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grateful and Full

Life Keeps Going On - LIVE it

Next Chapter!