Definition of Lonely

There is a time in all our lives when we are alone. Not in the physical sense, but emotionally. I, myself, have walked around in a cloud of misery. Pain only inflicted by my own actions and thoughts. So I was thinking tonight...What makes a person lonely? Is it a lack of something to do? Someone to share a life with? Regret for past mistakes? No children, no parents, no family? WHAT is it?! Its one of those things that I have done a lot of thinking on.

Personally, I was lonely for the past 10 years. Not for a lack of having someone around me at all times. But the simple fact that I had no one to communicate with on a level in which I was comfortable. No one that understood me and/or appreciated my intellect and insight on things. Its probable loneliness is merely a personal definition. My meaning is most definitely different than others. I had my boys. My family was near, and willing to be a part of my life constantly. It wasn't a deprivation of love from blood, for sure. I just needed (not wanted....) a person that would "get" me. One that I could share everything with. From hurt to bliss. From music to books. From past experiences to future hopes and dreams.

Yes, I was lonely. But what an amazing experience that was. It was a soul searching, personality finding, beautiful thing. I know now what I want out of life, and I am going full force until I achieve that.

The loneliness has subsided.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grateful and Full

Life Keeps Going On - LIVE it

Next Chapter!