Joys of Teenagers and the Internet

Well, now that my son is almost 14, he has entered the world of net-meeting. My phone rang a Baton Rouge number yesterday. With a young girls voice asking for him on the other end. After plugging for information, I got it out of him that he has met her on the internet. "Have you completely lost your mind giving my number out on the internet...ARE YOU INSANE!!??", was the only thing I could think to say. So being the wonderful mother that I am, reamed him about giving personal information out on the net and the dangers of it as a young person. Fine one to talk, aren't I. :)

I remember as a child having "pen-pals", and writing hand written letters to people across the country. What a long way we have come since then. I am the first one to be thankful for the internet, but a part of me still longs for those forgotten days of picking up a pen. We now live in an age of instant information. People, places, and phone numbers. I used this technology to google this phone number from Louisiana. Her mother will be getting a call from me. Kids never think anything could happen to them. And I am not going to wait until something does to do something about it. If that makes me a nosey parent, so be it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grateful and Full

Life Keeps Going On - LIVE it

Next Chapter!