What is normal?

This past weekend was Spring Barrel tasting for all the wineries. I had an amazing time with my husband, his cousin Nancy, and a couple from Seattle. We started at 11 and tasted wine from different wineries until 5. It’s so nice to hang out with intelligent, funny, and easy-to-get-along-with people. Being in this small town gets you a bit depressed, as there are not a lot of people here that are cultured or smart enough to talk to on a level that we are used to. I think that Dan and I need that feeling of normalcy hanging around others that aren’t from Hicksville. It was a great weekend, and I feel enormously lucky to have gone to my first barrel tasting with good friends and the man that I love more than life itself.

Other than that, my days have been good in a round about way. I have applied for some managerial positions, and actually have an interview on Thursday. I guess it is high time that I get a normal job with normal hours, which pays on a NORMAL schedule! It’s been so long living on commission alone, that it will be a nice to get money routinely. But, alas, we will see. I haven’t got anything yet.

So here is a thought to ponder. What is normal? Your job, your friends, or you. To me, normal is a feeling of comfort. A sensation that everything is peaceful or at least in the right realm of where you should be. It is so uncharacteristic of me because I have never been one to WANT to feel normal. I have always teetered on the abnormal side. Granted I am still slightly strange and still play for the “eccentric” team. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. I feel that some things in life should feel “normal”. My job, my friends, me. Everything else is completely weird and wonderful all at the same time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grateful and Full

Life Keeps Going On - LIVE it

Next Chapter!