Golden Years

It hit me last night that I have not taken the time to write lately. It's been months. Whatever, I'm here yet again. I used to want to write as a form of therapy. Now it takes on another role. I want to leave a legacy. Granted, I've never shared this blog with any of the kids. But someday I might. I want them to be smacked with the reality that I was never perfect, and that is the very fiber of humanity. No one is flawless and no one should be put on a pedestal. The older they get and the more mistakes they make as adults, the more they will come to realize that. They will also come to realize that I love them so very much. So what's been going on with me? Where do I start. Major milestones: Gabriela got married and Noah graduated. Another milestone, I am going to be a grandmother. There was a quote on a show I watched last night, "I feel guilty for not feeling guilty". That is exactly how I feel about the kids going off and moving out to start new lives. I hear so many parents crying and whining about their babies leaving. Yet I am so excited about this empty nest chapter of my life that I don't get the sadness or mourning that parents go through! So yes, I feel guilty for not feeling guilty. I've done my time. And honestly I absolutely love hanging out with my adult children. So much more so than when they were younger. I guess my thoughts for today are that I am blessed. I've waiting a long time to be financially stable, in a great marriage with the man I love, with my children raised healthy and thriving. And a grand daughter on the way. These are the golden years people...And I absolutely love it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grateful and Full

Life Keeps Going On - LIVE it

Next Chapter!